22 February 2006

Hole in the Wall

Hi,

Yesterday seven of us (Cam, Jim, Ross, Tyson, Haz, Matty and me) went on an adventure into the backcountry of Mammoth. We started at the summit and went over the backside. We went in search of the so called “Hole in the Wall”.
To get there, it took a little bit of traversing but most of getting there consisted of beautiful powder runs.
I took lots of photos for you to see. It was gorgeous. The hole in the wall was also epic! It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. You can tell by some of the pictures…….
After exiting the hole, we had to cross a lake. Yes a lake! It was covered with ice and snow but it was still scary knowing that underneath you there is a freezing cold lake.
After that, we ended up in a place called Tamarack. We could of waited for the bus which didn’t come for another hour and a bit but we decided to walk to Little Eagle which was around a half and hour walk.
For the rest of the day we rode Mammoth through trees trying to find the nicest freshest powder. It was great!
The only bad thing about the day was that I took a big gouge out of my board hitting a rock. I’ll have to get it fixed pretty soon. I was upset but hey, boards are meant to be ridden and I couldn’t really help it. It was a fun day and well worth it!
Last night we went out to the Clocktower because Fieldy (another Melbournian from work) is leaving to go back home. Everyone was pretty wasted. It was quiet a funny night! When we all got home about five or six of us watched “The Castle” in our room. Hahaha. Classic!
Today I’m driving to Fresno, a town about 70 miles away, to get a quote for the damage on my computer. Jack was nice enough to lend me his car for the day. J
Okay I think I’m going to get another half an hours rest and then go.

Speak soon! Send me some emails saying hello guys! Thanks.


Paul.



edit: Tried driving to Fresno today but the road I was planning to take was closed!! I would have had to do this huge big circle to get there and it would have taken all day. I was super pissed off! I think I'm going to have to go to Reno on my next day off which is almost twice as far away. Meh!!



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home