08 April 2006

Hole In The Wall Mark II

Hi everyone,

Today we rode Mammoth and because there weren’t any parks built due to the extreme amount of snow we have had lately we decided to go backcountry riding again. Seriously there is so much snow, it’s ridulicous! For example, one of the chairlifts wasn’t open today because it couldn’t run: some of the chairs were half way under the snow!!!! Crazy stuff. And it’s meant to be Spring, lol. It is really unusual. They are getting very very close to breaking the record for snowfall which was almost broken last year. I don’t know exactly how far off they are but there is still a while to go in the season and they are expecting more snow this week! When is it going to stop??? Hahaha……I thought I’d never say this but really there is too much snow. Earlier in the week, June only had two lifts running because of the amount of snow. It was too dangerous. It was good because we got to go home early two days. J
Sadly, at Mammoth yesterday 3 ski patrollers died. They fell into a 20 foot hole and got oxygen deprivation because it was filled with carbon dioxide or something (Mammoth is an active volcano for those of you that didn’t know). It is all over the news. Tragic! There was a bit of a somber mood on the mountain today.

Anyway, we had a really good day of riding. We did have to do a bit of hiking and walking but it was well worth it! We even started an avalanche in the hole. It was unreal! I’ve never seen anything like it. It was kind of scary.

Okay I better go to bed. We are going to June to ride tomorrow which should be a lot of fun. I only have 5 days of work left!!!! My last day is this Thursday and then we leave here on Saturday.

Oh yeah, about a week and a half ago we had a work party. I got really drunk and ended up singing 3 songs in karaoke. One was “Yesterday” with Alex, one was “Bohemian Rhapsody” with about 5 other people and the other one I can’t remember but it was with Nick B. Apparently I was horrible but I think everyone was a bit jealous. Crazy night!!!! Hahaha

Speak soon guys!!!






Paul.


.
Photos:
1. The crew that was out riding today. Me, Brennan, Jesse, James and Tim.
2. Me and Brennan.
3. Me, James and Jesse.
4. Brennan, James, Jesse and Me.
5. Me, Tim, Brennan and Jesse.
6. Me rippin’ it up in the hole!
7. Jesse and me.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home